Sarasota County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Katz & Phillips, P.A. provides legal defense in Sarasota County and surrounding areas to those who have been accused of criminal acts. If you are under suspicion, being questioned by the police or have been charged with a crime, call today to speak with our experienced attorneys.
We have dedicated our careers to representing the accused and ensuring they get all of the Constitutional protections the U.S. legal system allows. Our attorneys are recognized by the National College of DUI defense, and David Katz is Board Certified in DUI defense. We are former prosecutors, have the highest AVVO ratings and are recipients of client’s choice awards. Our breadth of legal experience speaks for itself and when you trust Katz & Phillips, P.A., you can rest assured your case is in good hands.
Florida Code Explained by a Saratosa County Criminal Defense Attorney
Title XLVI of the Florida Code establishes a list of behaviors that the state has criminalized. Prohibited behaviors include:
- Assault and battery
- Culpable negligence (recklessness that causes harm)
- False imprisonment
- Weapons and firearms offenses
- Sexual crimes
- Criminal mischief
- Property crimes including robbery and theft
- Computer crimes
- Fraud and white collar crimes
- Elder or child abuse
- Obstruction of justice
- Alcohol and drug crimes including impaired driving
These are just a few of the different criminal acts you may be accused of in Sarasota County. No matter what accusations you face, you deserve to have your rights respected, to be free of illegal search and seizure, and to have a chance to face your accuser and defend yourself. It is also important to remember that you never have to prove your innocence to avoid being found guilty. If you can introduce reasonable doubt, you can potentially avoid conviction and move on with your life with no criminal record.
Expertise of Our Saratosa County Criminal Defense Law Firm
Katz & Phillips, P.A. attorneys know the criminal justice system inside and out. One of our firm partners even served as an assistant state’s attorney. We are aware of how prosecutors approach criminal cases and we are prepared to provide you with advice and guidance every step of the way in dealing with police and defending yourself. Our attorneys can assist with:
- DMV hearings to protect your license after alcohol crimes
- Determining how to plead at arraignment
- Helping you understand your criminal charges
- Negotiating plea bargains
- Investigating evidence to introduce doubt
- Keeping improperly collected evidence out of court
- Developing a strategic approach to responding to misdemeanor or felony charges in state or federal court
- Interviewing witnesses and finding experts to testify for you
- Investigating alternative theories of the crime to introduce reasonable doubt
- Raising affirmative defenses appropriate to your case, such as consent in a rape case
These are just a few of the things that we do for Sarasota County clients who have been accused of a crime. Our firm provides legal representation throughout the county, including but not limited to:
- North Point
Your defense will be tailored to your specific situation and we will fight hard to help you negotiate a plea or try to secure a not-guilty verdict. Unlike some attorneys who try to plea bargain every case, we are prepared and ready to go to trial if appropriate in your situation.
Contacting a lawyer as soon as possible is a prudent choice when accused of a crime. Trust Katz & Phillips, P.A. to represent you. Call us today to schedule a FREE consultation and learn how we can help.
We Serve the following Cities: